Login FormClose

Other Information

Minutes 5 December 2016

 

BUNWELL PARISH COUNCIL

 

The Parish Council Office, The Old Turnpike, Bunwell, Norwich, NR16 1SN

 

 

 

Chairman : R Smith,

Tel : 01953 788300

e-mail : This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.">This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Clerk : Mrs Margaret Ridgwell,

Tel : 01953 789462

e-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.">This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

 

 

MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD MONDAY 5 DECEMBER 2016 AT BUNWELL VILLAGE HALL

 

 

 

Cllrs Present:  Chair Cllr R F Smith, Cllr J Pennell, Cllr D Dickson

 

In attendance: Margaret Ridgwell (Parish Clerk) and 6 members of the public

 

 

 

MINUTES

ACTION

 

1.      

Apologies for absence accepted – apologies were accepted from Cllr W Easton.  District Cllr C Easton sent his apologies.

 

 

 

2.      

Dispensation to agree declarations of interest from members in any item to be discussed be delegated to the Clerk - Cllrs were given copies of a document concerning Dispensation Guidance and a decision will be taken at the next meeting.

 

 

3.      

To record declarations of interest from Council members in any item to be discussed - None.

 

 

4.      

To approve the minutes of the Parish Council meeting on 7 November 2016 - The minutes of the meeting (pages 191-195) on 7 November 2016, having previously been circulated to all members, were proposed by Cllr J Pennell, seconded Cllr D Dickson and unanimously agreed and signed by the Chair.

 

 

5.      

To discuss matters arising from the minutes - None.

 

 


6.    

Adjourn the meeting to allow public to raise issues of concern – the meeting was adjourned at 7.35 pm.

 

Parishioners’ Questions, Comments or Concerns – items raised:

·         The noticeboard outside the shop is damaged.

·         Change of name of the Parish Council.  A survey is at present taking place by poll on the Bunwell Community Website and a box in the shop to accept voting slips from the local Newsletter.  When all information is received the views of parishioners will be used to inform the decision of the Parish Councillors

·         A representative from Carleton Rode Nursery and Playgroup expressed an interest in the future of the Sports Hall as they would be interested in taking over the lease to provide them with a permanent venue. It was agreed that they would liaise with the Parish Council in obtaining quotes to repair the Hall with a view to possibly opening at the beginning of September 2017.

 

 

 

 

 

JP

 

 

Clerk

 

 

 

JP, WE, Playgroup

 

7.      

To receive the District & County Councillor’s Reports:

District Cllr C Easton had sent a report which updated the Council on the following matters:

·         Possible Devolution, which currently looks unlikely.

·         The Boundary Commission’s proposals for possible changes do not affect Bunwell.

·         An outstanding planning issue concerning the Fen Lake Fisheries is under review.  

·         Cllr C Easton confirmed that the Member’s Grant Application is progressing.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

8.      

Re-convene the meeting – the meeting was re-convened at 7.45 pm.

 

 

 

9.      

To receive the Clerk’s Report: 

 

 

 

9.1.         

 

 

The Clerk reviewed the Schedule of Outstanding Issues/Actions:

The Clerk reviewed the list of Outstanding Issues; most issues remain highways problems which the Clerk will raise with NCC. No response had been received to the reminder in relation to filling the Salt Bins.  Westcotec to be reminded that we have not received the Hazard Sign to be erected adjacent to Bunwell Shop.

 

 

 

 

Clerk

 

10.  

To receive and discuss any correspondence: 
A list of correspondence received by the Parish Council Office this month was given to all.  Councillors requested additional information as required.  The Clerk brought the following items to the attention of the Council:

·         A reminder had been received to complete the Community Infrastructure Levy Annual Report from Parish Council document.

·         Estimates had been received from Highways for two possible paths.

·         Temporary road closure of Low Common Road from 12th – 14th December.

·         Draft Recommendations of the S Norfolk Electoral Review

·         Grounds Maintenance Contract for 2017 was received from Norse. This will be considered at the Budget meeting in early January.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Clerk

 

 

 

 

 

Clerk

 

 

11.  

To receive the Tree Warden’s report - Nothing to report.

 

 

 

12.  

To receive the Footpath Wardens report – Nothing to report.

 

 

 

 

13.  

To receive the Children’s Play Area report – Nothing to report.

 

 

 

14.  

To receive an update from the Children’s Play Area Working Party – Having investigated how the CIL money can be spent Cllr Pennell stated that the proposed work by Action Play at Carleton Rode will be able to go ahead once a decision is received concerning the Members Grant application submitted to District Councillor C Easton for £2,000.  CIL money could be used to top up the cost of 6 new pieces of equipment for £7,500. Concern was expressed that a delay in accepting the quotation given could result in increased costs.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

15.  

To receive an update from Councillors on any meetings attended -

Cllr Pennell gave a report of matters arising from a meeting of Councillors and Clerks which he had attended.  Also reports from the meeting at Norfolk Constabulary and the AGM of NALC.

 

 

 

 

 

16.  

Highways Matters – Any outstanding matters were dealt with above in item 9.1

 

 

17.  

To consider projects for the Parish Partnership 2017/18 application:

There are two projects to consider and prices for both have been received from Gary Overland. Applications to be received by 16th December but Budget meeting will not be held until early January 2017.

 

 

 

 

 

 

18.  

To consider the changing of the name of the Parish Council:

A piece has been put in the next Village Newsletter asking for parishioner’s views on a change of name, and a Poll is available on the Community Website. The results of the survey will be used to make a decision on any change. It is permissible to use the terms: Parish, Village, Town or Community in the name of a local Council.  The advantage of changing the name would be that parishioners could feel more engaged with the work of the Council and avoid the confusion in some people’s minds that the Council is linked to the Parochial Church Council as the name Parish denotes a Church affiliation.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

19.  

To review Proposed Development Sites in Bunwell – County Council have asked landowners to put forward possible land they would be willing to sell for development.  Any proposed development will be considered carefully by the Parish Council, particularly in relation to the infrastructure needed to support new housing. Given below is the link to the website page concerning the call for sites in relation to the next stage of the Local Development Plan.  http://www.greaternorwichgrowth.org.uk/planning/greater-norwich-local-plan/call-for-sites/  Scroll down to the South Norfolk section and the third block which is Aldeby to Bunwell. 

 

 

20.  

To receive an update on the Community Asset Strategy – Cllr Pennell reported that there are no plans to increase the buying of assets in the foreseeable future.

 

 

21.  

Finance:  The payments this month were considered and approved by the Council.  A date is to be arranged in early January to consider the Budget for next year.

 

 

21.1

PAYMENTS FOR APPROVAL THIS MONTH:

 

 

 

PAY TYPE

PAYEE

DESCRIPTION

ACTUAL AMOUNT

VAT

PAYE

 

200130

Margaret Ridgwell

Salary & Expenses

189.84

 

45.20

 

200131

Sara Campbell

Salary & Expenses

255.46

 

3.60

 

200132

F H Easton

Parish Council Office, Playing Field & Scout Hut Rent

289.00

43.33

 

 

200133

South Norfolk Council

Dog Bin emptying

156.10

26.03

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

TOTAL

890.40

69.36

48.80

 

 

 

 

 

 

RECEIPTS THIS MONTH:

 

Date

Account

Received From

Amount

 

24/10/2016

Community

NCC – Parish Partnership refund

49.20

 

 

 

 

 

 

21.2

TOTAL

49.20

 

CASHBOOK BALANCE:

 

 

 

 

Details

CR

DR

 

 

Cash Book Balance Brought Forward    A

(Community Account)

12,057.28

 

 

 

Receipts this month (listed above):      B

49.20

 

 

 

Payments this month (listed above): C

 

890.40

 

 

Cash Book Balance Carried Forward (=A+B-C)

Community Account Balance

11,216.08

 

Business Saver Account Balance

0.10

 

 

TOTAL CASH IN BANK:

11,216.18

 

21.3

2016/2017 RESERVES:

 

 

 

BALANCE

31/3/2016

Spent (-) / Paid In (+)

BALANCE

 

 

 

Noticeboard

350.00

+ Budget 2015/16 £100.00 unspent

450.00

 

 

Play Equipment

5,500.00

+ Budget 2015/16 £1,000 unspent

-720.00 Zip Wire Repair

5,780.00

 

 

Quality Council

250.00

 

250.00

 

 

Road Safety

650.00

 

650.00

 

 

Chairman’s Reserve

1,130.00

+ Budget 2015/16 £130.00 unspent

1,260.00

 

 

Playing Field

1,660.05

 

1,660.05

 

 

Contingency/General Reserve

2,326.15

 + Additional accumulated funds £756.43

3,082.58

 

 

CIL (October 2015)

 

+CiL paid 24/10/16 £2,146.14

2,916.18

 

 

Defibrillator

0.00

 

0.00

 

 

TOTAL

11,866.20

 

16,048.81

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

CASH IN BANK 31/3/16:        £14,622.67

 

 

 

22.

PLANNING APPLICATIONS:

 

 

22.1

To discuss and vote on any new planning applications - None

 

 

 

22.2

To consider any planning applications received after the Agenda is published at the Councillors’ discretion - None

 

 

 

23.

To receive an update on any issues raised at the Parish Council Surgery - None.

 

 

 

 

   24.

To receive matters of importance from Councillors  - None

 

 

   25.

To receive items for the next Agenda for Consideration –

Possible change of Council name – result of survey

Possible new trod path between shops – result of local views

 

 

 

22.          

Date of next meeting Monday, 9 January 2017 at 7.30 pm

 

 

 

Meeting closed at 9.05 pm