March 2013 Draft minutes
BUNWELL PARISH COUNCIL
MINUTES OF THE MEETING
HELD IN BUNWELL VILLAGE HALL
ON 4th MARCH 2013 AT 7.30 p.m.
Present: Cllr W Easton, Cllr J Pennell, Cllr R Kemp, clerk Sarah Berwick and ten members of the public.
1. Apologies: Apologies were received from Cllr Harrison (family illness), Cllr Spreadbury (another meeting), Cllr Smith (family issues), and Cllr Dávila-Smith (ill). These apologies were accepted. District and County Councillor Spratt also sent his apologies.
2. Declarations of interest: There were no declarations of interest made.
3. Minutes of the meeting held on 4th February 2013: The minutes were signed as a true and accurate record of the meeting.
4. Matters arising from the minutes: Cllr Kemp reported that he met the South Norfolk Council team sent to clear the dog mess up on The Street however he apparently reported he could not find any!
5. Co-option of two councillors: No one has shown an interest in joining the parish council.
6. Adjournment of the meeting for the public to raise issues of concern:
· Some posters were shown to the parish council which the children from the school had designed regarding the dog mess in the village. There was concern about the wording of some of the posters.
· Greenways Alley was discussed and it was noted that Cllr Spreadbury was arranging for the dog bins to be put up soon. It was agreed that the lane needs clearing, Cllr Pennell will ask the Highway Rangers to undertake the work however it was also suggested that a working party could be organised to clear the lane.
· A resident reported that rubbish has been dumped in the recycling area. The clerk will get this cleared.
7. District and County Councillor’s Report: No report.
a. South Norfolk Council – Severe Weather Community Resilience Workshop 14/3/13 10am-3pm in Loddon: Cllr Pennell will try to attend.
b. Carleton Rode Baptist Church – invite to Service of Rededication and Commissioning of new building 24/3/13 at 10.30am: This was noted by the councillors.
c. Norfolk Association Local Councils-Climate Change Seminar 7/3/13 9.15-1pm Richmond Park Golf Club: Cllr Pennell is attending.
d. Norfolk Association Local Councils-Initial Training: The clerk will send this onto Cllr Smith.
e. South Norfolk Council – New Standards Regime – Training: The clerk will suggest to Forncett and Wacton that a joint training session is held.
f. Parish Partnership NCC Road shows: Cllr Pennell explained a ‘road show’ will be held at South Norfolk House on 18th March to update councillors on Highway issues. More information will follow.
9. Report on police and crime/ issues: There were three crimes in the village during February; one burglary non dwelling, one criminal damage and one classed as other.
10. Tree Warden’s Report: Mr Westrup reported that there are still people knocking on doors offering to remove supposedly diseased Ash trees, this is a scam! If there is any doubt on any tree he urged residents to seek advice (Mr Westrup is happy to help).
11. Footpath Warden’s Report: Cllr Spreadbury sent a written report where he detailed that there has not been any new complaints about footpaths. The rolling programme of replacing the footpath signs is going well however a couple have been removed and dumped in ditches (these have been recovered). More help is needed! The clerk and councillors mentioned that walkers have complemented Bunwell on how well the footpaths are signposted.
12. Children’s Play Area Report: Nothing to report. Cllr Pennell asked if someone else could take this on. A further appeal will be made in the parish magazine.
a. Current Financial Position: The clerk reported that the current balance stands at £5832.41
b. Approval and payment of invoices: The following payments were agreed:
i. SJ Berwick £40.38 (expenses)
ii. Selteck Solutions £300 (gritter)
14. Planning applications
a. 2013/0093 Sunnyside, Little Green – Extensions and associated alterations to dwelling. Erection of garage/carport building: Councillors agreed that this application should be recommended for approval with the parish councils lighting clause.
b. 2013/0223 Sunnyside, Little Green – Erection of building for agricultural equipment and storage: Councillors agreed that this application should be recommended for approval with the parish councils lighting clause.
15. On-going matters:
a. Highway Matters: Cllr Pennell is yet to meet with Highway Engineers to discuss the matters raised at the last parish council meeting however this will be held soon and Cllr Pennell will advise residents who have raised the issues to attend. The area by the school will be included in the meeting with Highways however it was agreed that if they cannot sort the area then the parish council will. A limit of £200 was agreed for the project. Cllr Kemp reported that the drains on The Street are loose and need attention; the surrounds are beginning to break up. This will be raised with Highways at the planned meeting. There was also concern that a resident could be placing a highways sign on The Street. Cllr Pennell will investigate.
b. Low Common – condition of road around Quaker Farm: Anglian Water have attended Low Common and confirmed that there are no leaks in the vicinity.
c. NCC Delivering Local Highway Improvements in Partnership with Parish Councils – consider suggestions for the scheme: Cllr Pennell reported that he is currently trying to find out the exact amount the parish council will receive back by way of a refund from last year’s scheme, there is a strong influence on reinvesting the money into further highway improvements. Once this is known the parish council will agree which areas to propose for this year. To be discussed at the next meeting.
d. Green Grant progress: Cllr Pennell reported that the planning application will be submitted by the end of the week.
16. Purchase of a dog bin for The Street: Due to only three councillors being present, councillors could not make new finance decisions. Cllr Pennell will try to borrow a dog bin for installation on The Street. Place on next agenda.
17. Matters of importance from councillors:
· Councillors and residents were encouraged to attend the Neighbourhood Board Meeting to be held in South Norfolk Council on 7th March at 7pm.
· Cllr Pennell explained the Green Deal, more information can be found on South Norfolk Councils website.
· Cllr Pennell explained the Mass Switch Over Scheme.
18. Agenda items for next meeting: Nothing at the moment.
19. Date of Next Meeting: 8/4/13 due to Easter meeting delayed a week.
The meeting was closed at 8.30pm