Login FormClose

Other Information

February 2013 Minutes

 

BUNWELL PARISH COUNCIL

MINUTES OF THE MEETING

HELD IN BUNWELL VILLAGE HALL

ON 4th FEBRUARY 2013 AT 7.30 p.m.

Present: Cllr M Dávila-Smith, Cllr J Pennell, Cllr R Kemp, Cllr Mrs D Harrison, Cllr R Spreadbury, District and County Councillor Spratt, clerk Sarah Berwick and seven members of the public.

1. Apologies: Apologies were received from Cllr Easton (holiday) and Cllr Smith (family matters). There apologies were accepted.

2. Declarations of interest: Cllr Kemp declared an interest in item 17(d).

3. Minutes of the meeting held on 7th January 2013: The minutes were agreed and signed.

4. Matters arising from the minutes: There were no matters arising.

5. To consider the co-option of councillors: No one has shown an interest in joining the parish council.

6. Adjournment of the meeting for the public to raise issues of concern:

a. A resident raised the concern of dog mess on The Street from Lilac Farm to the shop. It was agreed to consider the purchase of a further dog bin on The Street. This will need to be confirmed at the next meeting as this was not a specific agenda item. It was also suggested that the school is approached to see if the children could design some posters to place around the village. Cllr Spreadbury mentioned that he has had someone volunteer to install the dog bins on Greenways.

b. Mr Meen asked why the parish council was going to write (item 17e) to the Fuel Charity. Cllr Pennell explained that there are more and more people in the village who may require the charities[J W1] help. It was suggested that if residents are in receipt of help from the food bank to which they gave to be referred by a social worker or the like, one could be sure they are in real need. Cllr Pennell will write to the charity to explain and pick up the issue at the Neighbourhood Board.

7. District and County Councillor’s Report: Cllr Spratt reported that South Norfolk Council could help with the dog fouling problem. The Tas Valley Neighbourhood Board is looking at food banks, fuel poverty and more to help residents through the recession. Norfolk County Council has given Highways an extra £1million in their budget as a result of the bonus NCC received from Government for not raising the council tax.

8. Correspondence

a. D Allnut – road repairs on The Street: Unfortunately Cllr Pennell did not bring the letter with him however summarised the letter as concerns over the state of The Street. Following the work undertaken by Anglian Water last year the road is breaking up around the drains. It was agreed that Anglian Water and NCC Highways are to be approached for their views on this. Cllr Pennell offered to contact them. The other concern is the road edge from Days Garage to the Butchers is crumbling and needs kerbing. Cllr Pennell reported that last year he asked residents if they would be prepared to contribute to the cost of the kerbing, a couple stated they would others confirmed they would consider it depending on the cost. It was suggested that this could be a project to complete under the NCC Scheme of match funding which has now been increased to 75% of costs being met by NCC. It was agreed that Cllr Pennell speaks to Highways to see if this scheme would be considered and to find out the cost. Once the cost is known to reapproach the residents to see if they would be willing to contribute. The parish council will receive a refund for the B1113 crossing completed last year under the scheme which was match funded to 50% -which NCC would like put straight back into road improvementsIt was also agreed that Cllr Pennell finds out the cost to extend the trod path to the boundary of the village with Forncett. It was agreed that the two schemes should be treated as two separate projects. Place on next agenda.

b. S Davis – condition of Low Common: Mrs Davis was concerned with the water that runs down Low Common around the Quaker Farm/Orchard Farm area. Cllr Pennell will address this with Highways when he speaks to them regarding The Street. It was agreed the ditches on the sides of the roads need digging out to prevent water on the road which then results in dangerous icy conditions.

c. South Norfolk Council – Green Deal Briefing 5th Feb 6-8pm: Cllr Pennell will attend.

d. Spratt’s Coaches – Bunwell Hill impassable in snow: The clerk has spoken to Spratt’s Coaches and explained where the grit bins are.

e. SNC Wymondham Area Action Plan: The next round of consultation is underway and exhibitions can be seen at Fairland Green and Central Hall. All information can be found on the South Norfolk Website.

9. Police and crime issues: The clerk reported there had been 6 crimes recorded in January, five other and one theft other.

10. Tree Warden’s Report: The tree warden sent his apologies.

11. Footpath Warden’s Report: Cllr Spreadbury reported that he (and a team of volunteers) have installed eight fingerposts and hope to install more on Saturday.

12. Children’s Play Area Report: Cllr Pennell reported he has not undertaken an inspection this month.

13. Finance

a. Current Financial Position: The current balance is £6420.32.

b. Approval and payment of invoices: The following cheques were agreed and signed.

i. Glasdon Manufacturing Ltd £214.93 (grit bin)

ii. SJ Berwick £44.61 (expenses)

14. Planning applications

a. 2013/0069- The Cottage, Rectory Lane – To remove softwood windows and doors, replace with traditional hardwood flush casement windows and doors: It was agreed to recommend this application is approved.

15. Decisions from South Norfolk Council:

a. 2012/1949 Wood View, Wood Lane – Appeal against refusal of planning decision.

b. 2012/1291 Grove Farm, Hunts Green – Approved with conditions

16. Precept figures: The clerk explained that South Norfolk Council are now aware on how the changes in Council Tax benefits are to impact on them and they have agreed to pass on a grant to parish councils so the residents do not need to be charged the difference. In Bunwell this means a grant of £1272 is to be given. Council agreed that the precept request from South Norfolk Council should be  amended to £10593. The amount the parish council is receiving is the same; it’s just made up of two elements.

17. On going matters:

a. Highway Matters: The area between the school and church is still causing concern. It was unsure who owns the area however Cllr Pennell offered to investigate what could be undertaken.

b. Gritting B1113 area: Mr Ward reported that he is now in possession of the gritter however the cost was slightly more than budget. The grit bin is in place and is due to be filled by NCC soon. The clerk was asked to request that Bunwell Road/Besthorpe Road is gritted through to the A11 as many people use this route and there were numerous accidents during the snow and ice.

c. NCC Delivering local highway improvements in partnership with parish councils – consider suggestions for the scheme: This was discussed under item 8a.

d. To consider utilising the Pride of Norfolk money held to purchase a lectern for the church: The £200 received for coming runner up in this competition has been held by the parish council. It was agreed to spend £90 for a folding lectern for the church and to request ‘Pride of Norfolk 2006’ is engraved; this would be at extra cost. The clerk will speak to the rector.

e. To agree Cllr Pennell’s letter to the Fuel Charity in the village: This was discussed under item 6.

f. Website: Mr Harper explained there were a couple of problems with the site a month or so ago however these have now been sorted. Mr Harper explained that the hits the site receives has significantly increased over the last few months.

18. Matters of importance from councillors:

a. Cllr Pennell reported that there are many Luncheon Clubs in surrounding areas so there may not be the need in Bunwell.

b. Cllr Dávila-Smith reported that he has been contacted by a resident asking what is happening with the Green Grant the parish council offered. Cllr Dávila-Smith will work with Cllr Pennell to move this forward. Place on next agenda.

19. Reports from meetings attended:

a. PCP Budget meeting: Cllr Pennell reported the meeting was poorly attended. The Police part of the Council Tax will be increasing by just under 2%.

b. Tas Valley Neighbourhood Board: The board has been tasked with enhancing statutory duties of the council and to assist residents through the recession. Any ideas more than welcome. All the community representatives will be up for election later this year. The next meeting of the neighbourhood board is on 7th March 2013.

20. Agenda items for next meeting: Nothing at the moment.

21. Next Meeting: 4th March 2013

The meeting was closed at 9.25pm