Login FormClose

Other Information

Draft July 2012 PC Minutes





ON 2nd July 2012

Present: Cllr W Easton, Cllr M Dávila-Smith, Cllr Pennell, Cllr Kemp, Cllr Harrison, Cllr M Crouch, clerk Sarah Berwick and seventy two members of the public.

1. To adopt a new Code of Conduct: The clerk explained there were two Code of Conducts to choose from; one from National Association of Local Councils and one from South Norfolk Council. It was unanimously agreed to adopt the South Norfolk Councils code. The clerk provided all councillors with new declaration of interest forms which need to be completed and returned to the parish office by 23rd July 2012.

2. To receive apologies: Cllr Spreadbury and Cllr Spratt sent their apologies.

3. To receive declarations of interest: Cllr Pennell and Cllr Easton declared an interest in sports hall matters. Cllr Easton also declared an interest in the Neighbourhood Plan.

4. To adopt the minutes of the meeting held on 11th June 2012: Cllr Crouch queried the recording of the planning discussion under item 14(b) however councillors agreed that the minutes were a true record of the discussion.

5. To discuss matters arising from the minutes: There were no matters arising from the minutes.

It was agreed to bring forward item 13 (a)

a. Neighbourhood Plan

i.To receive report: The last Neighbourhood Plan meeting was a lively discussion about the number of homes proposed, no items on the agenda were discussed.

ii.To discuss the future of the plan: Cllr Crouch reported that he has received an email from Kim Woodhouse, Planning Policy Technician at South Norfolk Council which states that there is no upper limit on development in a Neighbourhood Plan, windfall development and infill can still occur within the Village Development Boundary and building of Affordable Homes according to local need can still happen. Cllr Crouch stated that there is a large amount of work involved in producing a plan and he has been advised by two officers from South Norfolk Council a lot of the present documentary guidance is ‘superficial’ with regards to what is required. In order to produce and implement a plan Cllr Crouch stated that the committee will need copious amount of time, will, expertise and finance. A discussion followed where it was pointed out that the letter the parish council wrote during the last Local Development Framework consultation was based on the facts available at that time, in this letter a statement of no more than 80 homes should be built in Bunwell over the 20year period of the LDF was made however this amount has not been carried forward by South Norfolk Council, so is no longer an amount to discuss. During the discussion it was pointed out that the parish council is there to represent all residents’ views. A vote was held to see if residents present would like the Neighbourhood Plan to continue; 5 voted Yes, 33 voted No and there was one abstention. It was commented however by some residents that they voted No as they do not have enough information to support a plan. It was agreed the clerk contacts South Norfolk Council to request someone comes to give a presentation to the village in September, in the meantime all work on the plan will be suspended. It was agreed that Cllr Crouch should publish the replies of the survey residents completed June last year.

6. To adjourn the meeting for the public to raise issues of concern

a) Concern was raised with regards to the speed of vehicles travelling on Wymondham Road causing safety concerns for pedestrians and horses. Cllr Pennell asked the parish council to permission to discuss this further with the resident as he is involved in developing new signage for this particular concern, this was agreed. To be placed on next agenda.

b) A resident queried the invoice for the mugs for the jubilee. The clerk confirmed the invoice was for 504 mugs.

7. To receive the District and County Councillor’s Report: Cllr Spratt sent his apologies however requested that Cllr Pennell explains to residents the six ‘outcomes’ of the Tas Valley Neighbourhood Board and what they comprised of. The Safer B1113 project is one of the outcomes which is to provide the remainder of the funding to the crossing. The next meeting is on 5th July in South Norfolk House at 6.30pm, everyone is welcome to attend.

8. To receive and discuss Correspondence

a. Mr A Hibberd, resignation from parish council: It was with regret that the parish council received Mr Hubbard’s resignation. There are now two vacancies on the parish council.

9. To receive a report on police and crime issues: The crime statistics are not yet available for June.

10. To receive the Tree Warden’s Report: Nothing to report.

11. To receive the Footpath Warden’s Report: Nothing to report.

12. To receive the Children’s Play Area Report: Cllr Crouch reported that Cllr Easton has looked at the gates and these will be repaired soon. Cllr Crouch suggested that the rope that is frayed on the old box climber is removed, this was agreed. The bark level is getting low again; Cllr Easton confirmed he would arrange for this to be topped up. Cllr Pennell stated he has weed killed the area. The clerk has purchased some more black bin bags for the bins, these will be passed to Cllr Crouch. Cllr Dávila-Smith reported that the gates are sticking and mentioned that a couple of children have been hit in the face by the gates, one required hospital treatment. Cllr Crouch will investigate.

13. To receive and discuss Committee and Working Party Report

a. Jubilee Celebration report and accounts: Cllr Harrison reported that the event went extremely well and presented the accounts so far.

b. Sports Hall: Cllr Pennell explained that the area for the basketball hoop is being worked on.

14. Finance

a. Current Financial Position: This was circulated to councillors before the meeting, there were no queries.

b. To consider the Internal Auditors report: Councillors had no queries regarding the report. It was agreed to place the report on the notice boards. Councillors with noticeboard responsibility to action.

c. To consider the effectiveness of the internal audit and internal control: A statement confirming the effectiveness of internal audit and internal control was circulated to councillors and agreed by all.

d. Approval and payment of invoices: The following cheques were agreed and signed:

i. SJ Berwick £92.20 (expenses, including £31.93 for bin bags for the play area)

ii. Mrs A Barnes £30 (Internal Audit Fee)

iii. Norfolk China £756 (Jubilee mugs)

15. To consider the following planning applications

a. 2012/1053 - 2 Tollgate Barns, The Turnpike; Erection of conservatory: Councillors recommended that this application is recommended for approval. To include our lighting clause.

b. 2012/1040 – Burtons Farm, 44 Bunwell Street; Construction of equestrian manege for training and exercise of property owner’s horses: Councillors agreed that this application should be recommended for approval with the condition that there is no lighting.

16. To discuss the Parish Councils Communication Policy: Councillors were reminded of the Communications Policy. It was agreed that Cllr Crouch will be responsible for placing items on the notice board on Bunwell Hill; Cllr Easton the Village Hall; Cllr Spreadbury the noticeboard on Bunwell Common and Cllr Kemp the noticeboard at the shop. It was explained that the parish council didn’t have a report in the last parish newsletter due to the meeting date being postponed because of a bank holiday. All minutes and agendas will be posted on the village website. The website has a RSS feed and Facebook link.

17. To discuss on going matters:

a. Highway Matters: The potholes by the school are getting larger again. There are grass/weeds growing in the pavements around Greenways.

b. Environment Training: This is to be arranged for 23rd July, the clerk will arrange a poster and send invites to surrounding parish councils.

c. To agree the statement for using individuals/company names: Cllr Easton proposed the following statement: ‘No individual or company name shall be recorded in any minutes, reports or agendas unless the content of said document are proven facts and not allegations’ This was seconded by Cllr Dávila-Smith and agreed by all.

d. Sports Hall History: Cllr Easton has prepared a written history, it was agreed that this should be circulated to all councillors.

e. B1113 Crossing: The loan application has been submitted and we should hear shortly. The application for the money from the Tas Valley Neighbourhood Board is set to be approved by the board on 5th July and will then be subject to approval from full cabinet later in July. Thanks were made to Cllr Spratt for his help in presenting this project to the Neighbourhood Board. It was therefore agreed once the money is in the parish council’s account that the order is placed.

18. To receive matters of importance from councillors: There were no matters to discuss

19. Agenda items for next meeting: Nothing at the present time.

20. Date of Next Meeting: 3rd September 2012



The meeting was closed at 9.40pm