Login FormClose

Other Information

May PC 2012 minutes





ON 14th MAY 2012

Present: Cllr W Easton, Cllr M Dávila-Smith, Cllr D Harrison, Cllr A Hibberd, Cllr J Pennell, Cllr Spreadbury, Cllr R Kemp, Cllr M Crouch, clerk Sarah Berwick and five members of the public.

1. Election of the chairman: Cllr Kemp nominated Cllr Easton continues as Chairman, Cllr Pennell seconded this and it was unanimously agreed.

2. Chairman’s declaration of office: Cllr Easton signed the chairman’s declaration of interest.

3. Appointment of a vice chairman: Cllr Spreadbury nominated Cllr Dávila-Smith continues as vice chair, this was seconded by Cllr Kemp.

4. Appointment of representatives to outside bodies: Cllr Pennell was nominated to continue as the representative for Norfolk Playing Fields Association, the executive committee Norfolk Association of Local Councils, Norfolk Rural Community Council. It was suggested that it would be a good idea if someone from Bunwell served on the TEG committee. Unfortunately there were no councillors willing to undertake this. It was agreed to ask if there is a resident willing to undertake this role via the newsletter.

5. Appointment to committees and sub-committees: It was agreed that the Neighbourhood Plan Committee remains as it is with Cllrs Pennell, Crouch, Harrison and Dávila-Smith.

6. Payment of any subscriptions falling annually: It was unanimously agreed to renew subscriptions with Norfolk Rural Community Council, Norfolk Association of Local Councils and Norfolk Playing Fields Association.

7. Inspection of deeds and trust investments in the custody of the parish council: It was confirmed that these will be available at the next parish council meeting for inspection. Cllr Pennell will obtain a copy of the Sports Hall deeds and Cllr Easton will get the village hall deeds. Place on next agenda.

8. Apologies: There were no apologies made.

9. Declarations of interest: There were no declarations of interest made.

10. Adoption of the minutes for the meeting held on 2nd April 2012: A couple of amendments were made as below:

a) Item 4(b) was amended to read ‘and it appears on the South Norfolk website and Bunwell Village website’.

b) Item 18 Cllr Crouch did not offer to help with the Annual Report.

11. Matters arising from the minutes: It was commented that the excess amount paid by the resident who paid for the heaters was £121.04 (item 13 (d).

12. Adjournment of the meeting for the public to raise issues of concern: There were no comments made.

13. District and County Councillor’s Report: Cllr Spratt reported that the District Council is consulting again on the LDF proposals during the summer. South Norfolk Council is now using NPLaw for their legal services. Norfolk County Council has to consider further cuts to save a further £40 million. There will be less money to maintain rights of way and landowners are responsible for keeping rights of way on their land in a usable order. Cllr Spratt reported that the parish council can install the finger posts for footpaths etc. themselves. Cllr Spratt reported that the roads in the village where Anglian Water have been working will need time to settle before any repair is undertaken by NCC.

14. Correspondence

a. Bunwell Bunnies: A letter has been received from Bunwell Bunnies thanking the parish council for the grant given to them earlier this year. They have purchased a collection of dolls from around the world and an extensive range of musical instruments from Africa. They have also purchased a set of bells and a tactile 10 fat sausages song board.

b. Norfolk Association of Local Councils/Society Local Council Clerks – Joint Summer Conference NCFC 3/7/12 9.30am-2.45pm £45 per delegate: The clerk and Cllr Pennell will attend.

c. Norfolk Association of Local Councils – Coffee & Chat- Trios Café, Loddon 10th May 10am-12pm: This has already been held.

d. Norfolk Association of Local Councils – The Broads, Rivers and Seascape – How Hill Trust 8/6/12 10am – 3pm £15 per delegate: No one to attend.

e. Norfolk Association of Local Councils – Initial Training for Councils: Cllr Crouch would like to attend the session on 19th & 26th June in Norwich, he will check his diary, details were passed to him.

f. Norfolk RCC Play Inspection Training Course 26/6/12: Cllr Crouch would like to attend this. Clerk to book.

15. Police and crime issues: There were two crimes recorded in the village during April; one theft other and one violence against a person. It was reported that the road name sign for Barehams Lane had been stolen. Cllr Pennell will check which end it is and let the clerk know.

16. Tree Warden’s Report: Nothing to report.

17. Footpath Warden’s Report: Cllr Spreadbury reported that NCC Rights of Way department is very stretched at the moment. It was agreed that Cllr Spreadbury should liaise with landowners with regards to replacing the finger posts.

18. Children’s Play Area Report: Cllr Easton apologised that he hasn’t repaired the gate with Cllr Crouch yet. Cllr Crouch reported that there is a rope fraying and there are some missing bolt covers. Cllr Crouch reported that Adventure Playgrounds has started up again under a different name; he is to contact them with regards to the surfacing and a couple of other queries with the equipment. Cllr Pennell reported that one of the grab bars on the zip wire was loose. Cllr Crouch was asked to include the new gym equipment in his inspections.

19. Committee and Working Party Reports

a. Neighbourhood Plan: Cllr Crouch reported that he has undertaken the analysis of the data received. He queried the completeness of the data. It was agreed that the meeting next Monday (21st) would include discussion of South Norfolk Councils Place Making Guide.

b. Bunwell Madness Youth Club: Nothing to report.

c. Sports Hall: Nothing to report.

d. Drop Zone Youth Club: Nothing to report.

20. Finance

a. Current Financial Position

i. Sports Hall: Cllr Crouch queried the amount of use of the sports hall had and whether it was being used enough to warrant the money being spent on it. Cllr Crouch requested sight of the Sports Hall Committees constitution. It was agreed that this was not the correct time on the agenda for this discussion and this should be deferred to next meeting. An invoice has now been presented to the sports hall for £846 in respect of the loan repayment, contribution to the cutting of the sports field and 50% of the parish councils insurance. Cllr Easton agreed to prepare a history of the sports hall so all councillors could understand the circumstances of the sports hall.

ii. Approval of the accounts for 2011/12: All councillors agreed the presentation of the accounts. The clerk will now contact Ann Barnes to undertake the internal audit.

iii. To address any further queries on the accounts: Cllrs were happy with the accounts presented to them.

b. Approval and payment of invoices: The following cheques were agreed and signed

i. Came and Co (Insurance) £600.71

ii. Mrs SJ Berwick £48.84 (expenses)

iii. Glasdon UK Ltd £216.57 (dog Bins)

iv. Caloo £12,000 (Outdoor Gym Equipment)

21. Planning applications

a. 2012/0630 Wood View, Wood Lane: Proposed extensions, detached garage and road access: It was agreed to recommend this application for refusal due to the size of property on the plot and being too close to the road.

22. On-going matters:

a. To consider wording for mentioning names of individuals/companies in the minutes and parish magazine: It was agreed to defer this to the next meeting.

b. Highway Matters – to include update on kerbing along The Street near Days Garage: Cllr Pennell has contacted the residents and has only received three replies so far.

c. Queens Diamond Jubilee: It was unanimously agreed that Cllr Harrison can spend the £1000 budgeted for this event as the committee see fit.

d. To consider who should decide if a claim on insurance should be made for the sports hall (for future reference): It was agreed that this item should be deferred to the next meeting.

e. Environment Training (deferred from last meeting): It was unanimously agreed that this training is a good idea. It was agreed that a date is set and then the clerk can invite neighbouring parish councils.

f. Dog Bins: The bins are now in the parish office. It was agreed to ask if the Highway Rangers could install them. Clerk to contact

g. B1113 Crossing: Nothing further to report at this time.

h. Annual Report: Cllr Pennell requested photos of events for inclusion in the report.

23. South Norfolk Council – Place Making Guide: This was dealt with under item 19 (a).

24. Matters of importance from councillors: There were no further items.

25. Agenda items for next meeting: Any items for the next agenda to be with the clerk by 29th May.

26. Date of Next Meeting – 11th June 2012