Login FormClose

Other Information

September10

BUNWELL PARISH COUNCIL

MINUTES OF THE MEETING

HELD IN BUNWELL VILLAGE HALL

ON 6th SEPTEMBER 2010

Cllr W Easton (Chairman)

Cllr R Kemp

Cllr A Jarvis

Cllr J W Pennell

Clerk, Sarah Berwick

3 Members of the public

 

 

1. To receive apologies: Apologies were received from Cllr Pankhurst, Blackett and Peacock. David Westrup, tree warden also sent his apologies. These were all duly accepted.

2. To receive declarations of interest: Cllr Easton declared a personal interest in item 14 (a). Cllrs Kemp & Pennell declared a personal interest in item 13 (c).

3. To adopt the minutes of the meeting held on 5th July 2010: These were accepted and duly signed.

4. To adopt the minutes of the meeting held on 9th August 2010: These were accepted and duly signed.

5. To discuss matters arising from the minutes: There were no matters arising.

6. To adjourn the meeting for the public to raise issues of concern: A resident asked about progress of the ‘Mad Hatters Tea Party’ that was discussed at a previous meeting. Cllr Easton reported that the event is still being planned but will now be held on one of Easton’s fields rather than the Sports Field. The Parish Council will be kept informed of the plans.

It was requested that the basketball hoop is not erected until the surfacing is improved. Cllr Pennell reported that this should be sorted as soon as volunteers can be found.

7. To receive the District and County Councillor’s Report: Cllr Spratt was not present.

8. To receive and discuss Correspondence

a. Norfolk ALC Election Training: It was agreed that the clerk should attend this conference. Her £25 fee will be split between Wacton, Forncett and Bunwell.

b. Norfolk ALC Initial Training for clerks/Councillors: No one to attend as all councillors who wish to, have now attended this course.

c. SNC LDF Site Specific Allocations Consultation: It was agreed that all councillors look at the maps showing the sites, these will be circulated via the round robin and Cllr Pennell will send round an electronic copy. Comments need to be made to South Norfolk Council by November; the Parish Design Group will meet to discuss the suggested sites. Place on next month’s agenda.

9. To receive a report on police and crime issues: PCSO Aslaug reported that one crime has been recorded in Bunwell during the month of August, a fraud case, no further information can be given at the moment due to data protection. At 3pm on Saturday 4th September a skimming device was found on the ATM at the Co-op Supermarket in Long Stratton, residents are advised that if they have used the machine a few days prior to this then they contact their bank.

10. To receive the Tree Warden’s Report: There is nothing to report from the tree warden.

11. To receive the children’s play area monthly inspection Report: No report.

12. To receive and adopt Committee and Working Party Reports & Minutes

a. Bunwell Goes Green: Working Party: Cllrs Jarvis & Pennell are awaiting information from South Norfolk Council regarding a grant scheme for ‘green’ projects. Cllr Jarvis will contact residents who offered help with the project earlier in the year.

b. Parish Design Statement: Working party: No meetings have been held. One will be organised to discuss the LDF Site Specific information.

c. Sports & Leisure Committee: Cllr Pennell reported that the car park should soon be finished. The exterior lighting is now installed. The school will use the sports hall more regularly and enquiries have been received from an archery club.

13. Finance

a. Current Financial Position: This was circulated via email to all councillors before the meeting.

b. Approval and payment of invoices: The following cheques were agreed and signed:

i. Holbrook £329 for crushed Asphalt

ii. SJ Berwick £47.52 expenses

iii.SLCC £64.62 Cllr Pennell fee for SLCC conference

c. Request from Bunwell PCC for donation towards the upkeep of the churchyard: It was unanimously agreed to donate £330.

14. To consider the following planning applications

a. Land Adjacent to Frank Dale Foods, Bunwell Street; New industrial unit to accommodate an eco-friendly motor car design & assembly business: It was agreed that the chance of more employment in the village should be welcomed. Concern was raised with regards to the utility services and the impact that this could have on the rest of the village. It was agreed to request a donation to community projects as part of a Section 106 agreement. The building should be sustainable and should utilise the utility services in an environmentally friendly way. Lighting should not face any residential property and no lights should be positioned on the Eastern Boundary. With these conditions the parish council supports the planning application.

b. Land Adjacent to North Lodge, Chapel Road; Erection of an agricultural Building for storage of hay and equipment: The parish council agreed to recommend this application for approval however two conditions should be taken into consideration. Firstly that no external lighting is erected and secondly a stipulation that the building is only used for the purpose stated.

15. To discuss the renaming of Bunwell Parish Council: Cllr Pennell suggested that some people get confused between the Parochial Church Council and the Parish Council and maybe the parish council should consider changing its name to Village Council. It was agreed that this needs further consideration and the residents should be consulted. It was agreed that Cllr Pennell investigates to see if any other council has successfully changed their name and if they have any suggestions of how to proceed.

16. Utility Supplies in Bunwell and invitation to public meeting in Oct/Nov: The three main utilities, water, electric and broadband are all probmatic at times in the village. The water pressure has been better in the last few weeks as the flow has been reversed. It was suggested that a public meeting is held to invite residents to discuss the problems they are experiencing with representatives from EDF, Anglia Water (for both sewerage and supply) and BT. The clerk will check the availability of the hall for 15th November and invite the utility representatives. A leaflet drop will be needed around the village to advertise the event.

17. Highway Matters

a. Entrance to North Road: The hedge that was causing a problem has now been cut. This junction with Bunwell Street needs some attention as the parked cars outside the shop is causing a hazard. It was suggested that designated parking bays are painted on the road outside the shop and possibly the butchers/post office as well. The clerk will contact Highways and the shop owners to see if a meeting on site can be arranged.

b. Other highway problems: A hedge on Greenways/Barhams Lane is causing a problem for people walking on the path. Cllr Easton will arrange for this to be cut. Cllr Kemp asked if the potholes between the church and the school could be looked at. The clerk explained that this has already been referred to Norfolk County Council Highways department.

18. Entry in the village magazine: The last couple of issues have not had a parish council report in it; the clerk explained that there had been some confusion over the latest submission date for articles. This is now sorted.

19. Letter of support to John Laurie: Cllr Easton will send this letter to the clerk again.

20. Precept Capping: Cllr Pennell explained the government is proposing that a capping be bought in to prevent excessive increases in Parish Council precepts. It was explained that this could stop villages funding a one off large project. It was agreed that Cllr Pennell makes representation to the Norfolk Association of Local Councils that Bunwell is against the proposal of precept capping.

21. Bunwell Web Site: The clerk mentioned that the web site should be up to date however it appears that this month’s agenda is not on the site. The clerk will rectify this.

22. Publication of Agendas: It was confirmed that Cllr Pankhurst puts the agendas on the notice boards however it was agreed that the print is a bit small, therefore the clerk will send out the agendas in a PDF format to prevent adjustments being made.

23. Attendance to the Norfolk ALC AGM 11/9/10 Narborough Village Hall 10.30am: As Bunwell Parish Council is presenting a resolution to the Norfolk Association of Local Councils it was suggested that as many councillors attend as possible. Cllr Pankhurst will present the resolution. Cllr Pennell will also attend.

24. Reports on meetings attended

a. Police Meeting (7/7/10): This was a meeting for gamekeepers, farmers and land owners.

b. South Norfolk Alliance (8/7/10­): This was a good meeting that was attended by the South Norfolk Youth Committee which was seen beneficial to them and parish councils. A fifteen year old youth MP gave an interesting talk.

c. Discover South Norfolk Day (10/7/10): This was a very successful day. Bunwell School entered the wheelbarrow planting competition and won the most flowery display.

d. Play Partnership (13/7/10): All grants given for 2010/2011 have been recalled and no grants will be made this year. South Norfolk Play Partnership is the only partnership left in Norfolk.

e. Norfolk Playing Fields Assc AGM (15/7/10): The Association needs more active members.

f. Highway Rangers Meeting (4/8/10): Unfortunately the Rangers scheme will not be running until October/November.

g. Norfolk ALC – Various meetings and events: Cllr Pennell explained that there is a meeting on 10th November for discussing ‘Green’ issues. This will include the possibility of setting up ‘working corridors’ for example from Kenninghall to Norwich along the B1113. This will include trying to set up lift sharing schemes, making more resource of discarded and unwanted wood etc.

25. To receive matters of importance from councillors: There were no matters for discussion.

26. Agenda items for next meeting: Nothing further at the moment.

27. Date of Next Meeting - October 4th

 

There being no further business the meeting was closed at 9.15pm