Vacancy for Parish Clerk
Bunwell Parish Council have a vacancy for a Clerk/Responsible Finance Officer to start 1 November 2016.
The Parish Council currently has 4 Councillors, and meets monthly on the first Monday of the month at Bunwell Village Hall commencing at 7.30 pm. With the exception of the monthly meeting the position is home based working 20 hours per month. Salary is according to the National Association of Local Councils Salary Scale LPC1.
The main duties include:
- To arrange and attend all Parish Council Meetings and the Annual Parish Meeting
- Preparation of Agendas and Minutes
- Dealing with all financial matters including the production of financial statements for the Annual Audit
- Submitting an annual VAT return
- Preparing records for PAYE
- Dealing with Parish Council Insurance Policies
- Ensuring Planning Applications are dealt with and comments submitted to South Norfolk Council within deadlines
- Attendance at Training Events
- Monitoring compliance
- Updating the Parish Council Website www.bunwell.org.uk
Applicants will need to have good IT Skills preferably Word & Excel and have access to Broadband.
Ideally, the successful candidate will hold one of the Clerk’s National Qualifications or be prepared to work towards it.
If you would like to discuss this vacancy with the current Clerk please telephone 01953 861486.
Please send your letter of application and CV either by post or email to the Clerk by 14 October 2016.
Bunwell Parish Council
The Parish Council Office
The Old Turnpike